• Home
  • Tag: 阿拉爱上海同城对对碰

Leny van der Heiden, architect of Dutch Pensions Federation, dies

first_imgSince 1996, Van der Heiden made several important contributions to dossiers on additional pensions. At the ministry of Social Affairs, she headed projects such as making changes to the pensions and saving funds act (PSW) aimed at modernising supervision as well as the abolishment of early retirement schemes (VUT).In 2006, Van der Heiden was appointed deputy director and policy head at the Association for Industry-wide Pension Funds (VB).She continued in these positions at the Pensions Federation, which was created through the merger of VB, the Foundation for Company Pension Funds (OPF) and the Union of Occupational Pension Funds (UvB) in 2010. Leny van der HeidenAccording to Gerard Riemen, the Pension Federation’s director, Leny van der Heiden had put in a lot of effort when setting up the federation’s office in such a way that all staff of the different “blood groups” would feel comfortable.“She believed in the usefulness and necessity of the merger between the sector bodies and has contributed greatly to setting up the new organisation,” he said.Riemen, who had also worked at Social Affairs before he joined the Pensions Federation, said that Van der Heiden had shown a “large dose of common sense, courage and perseverance, had dared to ask questions and was also willing to bear responsibility.“She gave her advice without being hampered with fear for authority. This was appreciated, as her opinion was always valuable.”Until 2016, Leny van der Heiden was a member of the executive board of the Pensions Federation. In this role, she could make use of her expertise and experience from practice to the industry’s association.She was a member of the supervisory board (RvT) of BPL Pensioen, the €16.3bn pension fund for the agricultural sector, since 2014. Leny van der Heiden, one of the architects of the Netherlands’ Pensions Federation, has died.She passed away last week, after a long illness, at the age of 61.Since 2012, Van der Heiden was head of board matters at SPF Beheer, the pensions provider for the €16bn railways scheme SPF and the €3.8bn public transport pension fund SPOV.Prior to this, she played an important role in advocating the interests of pension funds as well as in establishing the Pensions Federation, the Netherlands’ influential trade body for pension funds.last_img read more

Teen pageant promotes self-confidence, self-esteem and poise

first_imgLocalNews Teen pageant promotes self-confidence, self-esteem and poise by: – January 25, 2012 Tweet Share Share Sharing is caring!center_img Director of the Waitukubuli Dance Theatre Company, Raymond Lawrence. Photograph by Josiah St. Jean of Pictastic Photo StudioChief Cultural Officer and Director of the Waitukubuli Dance Theatre Company Raymond Lawrence has characterized the Teen pageant as one which promotes self confidence, self-esteem and poise of its participants.The 35th annual Teen Pageant was launched on Tuesday evening at the Arawak House of Culture, an initiative of the Waitukubuli Dance Theatre Company who will this year celebrate their 41st anniversary of existence.Lawrence noted that the pageant affords participants the opportunity to develop their talents and skills. He says the pageant is not merely for entertainment and development of culture but also an educational experience for the participants.“The Teen Pageant has allowed contestants to be trained in walking and modeling, in performance of their talent and skills and also in their public speaking and responding to questions. Quite apart from being a modeling and beauty pageant, it is also an educational experience for all the contestants and we should always remember that it is not so much about the winning or losing but it is about the experience the show affords to the contestants in helping them to develop their self-confidence, their self-esteem and poise.”Lawrence highlighted a few former Miss Teen Pageant winners who also won the Miss Dominica titles.Reigning Miss Teen Dominica – Nicole Rodriguez.Photograph by Josiah St. Jean of Pictastic Photo Studio.“It is interesting to note that there are a number of teen contestants who went on to win the title of Carnival Queen for example, Vanessa Isles, Minerve Lewis, Leandra Lander and Marah Walter all were part of the teen pageant and they went on to win the Miss Dominica title.”According to Lawrence, Miss Monroe College 2011 Samarya Joseph who copped the awards for best talent, Miss Intelligence and best in evening wear was also the Miss Teen Pageant 2006. Miss Joseph out shined eight other contestants when she won the Miss Monroe College title in New York last year. Meanwhile, nine teenagers will participate in the 2012 Miss Teen Pageant competition on Sunday 12th February at Festival City in Pottersville.They are;Shawnelle Walsh representing the Convent High School and sponsored by Guiyave Limited,Mernel Christmas representing the Isaiah Thomas Secondary School,Siedah Charles representing the Orion Academy,Christel Bertrand of the Goodwill Secondary School,Brianna Peltier representing the St. Martin’s Secondary School, sponsored by New India Assurance Company LimitedAlize Charles representing the Portsmouth Secondary School, sponsored by Ross University School of MedicineTamika Balson representing the Dominica Grammar School, sponsored by DOMLECMelina Riviere representing the North East Comprehensive School, sponsored by Dominica Coconut ProductsTahnee Baron representing the Pierre Charles Secondary SchoolPhotographs by Josiah St. Jean of Pictastic Photo Studio [nggallery id = 125] Dominica Vibes News Share 66 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Fiji power past Ireland

first_img Winger Akuila Uate, whose last trip to England was with Australia for the 2011 Four Nations Series, scored two tries in Fiji’s 30-14 win over the Irish in the semi-final qualifier on the Gold Coast in 2008 and went one better on Monday night with a hat-trick. But the foundations for the Bati’s 32-14 victory was laid by a dominant pack which thrilled the bulk of the sell-out crowd of 8,872 in Rochdale, which boasts the biggest Fijiian expatriate community outside London. That gave Aston’s men the encouragement they needed and they could have drawn level had second rower Dave Allen managed to take Scott Grix’s pass in a try-scoring position. The chance was lost and Ireland were unable to take advantage of the sin-binning of replacement Eloni Vunakece for persistent infringements six minutes before the interval. Naiqama stretched Fiji’s lead to 12-4 on the stroke of half-time with a penalty and there was no way back for Ireland when second rower Tariq Sims went over for a third try after Grix had failed to take Aaron Groom’s high kick. The floodgates opened as Uate completed his hat-trick and loose forward Korbin Sims also touched down and Naiqama took his goal tally to four from seven attempts. Ireland lost Grix with a leg injury that could see him miss out on the clash with England on his home ground, but they produced a late flurry that gave the scoreline some respect. Winger Damien Blanch went over at the corner four minutes from the end and, in the final move of the match, Hassan forced his way over for a richly-deserved try to which Pat Richards added the goal. Fiji effectively ended Ireland’s World Cup dream for the second time after out-muscling them in a bruising Group A match at a packed Spotland. Press Association The Fijians’ display sent out a message to both England and Australia, whose coaches Steve McNamara and Tim Sheens were in the crowd, that they will be no pushovers in the remaining group games. Ireland, the 500-1 tournament outsiders, were in touch at half-time when they trailed 12-4 but they conceded four second-half tries to suffer an emphatic defeat and will now need to beat England in Huddersfield on Saturday to keep alive their hopes of reaching the knockout stages. The deeply-religious Fijians went into a huddle before kick-off to sing a hymn but there was nothing angelic about their play as they tore into the Irish from the kick-off. The physical onslaught was led by the Sims brothers, who made up half the starting pack and laid the platform for the quicksilver backs to show their pace and class with two tries in a four-minute spell. Uate produced a strong finish to open the scoring on nine minutes and Ireland had barely recovered when full-back Kevin Naiqama beat two flat-footed defenders to cross for a second. Centre Wes Naiqama converted his brother’s try and the Fijians would have been further ahead had veteran skipper Petero Civoniceva managed to get the ball down but he was held on his back over the line. The Pacific Islanders threatened to run away with the game at that stage but the introduction of Manly Sea Eagles forward James Hassan for his debut injected some much-needed resolve into the Irish ranks. Indiscipline then crept into the Fijians’ play and Ireland took advantage to pull back a try through second rower Tyrone McCarthy on 23 minutes. last_img read more

The Latest: Brazilian soccer club Corinthians giving out PPE

first_imgThe Latest: Brazilian soccer club Corinthians giving out PPE The club says the players are feeling fine and remain in isolation.Four of the players have displayed symptoms of COVID-19 while one has shown no symptoms at all.The club says the five players did not attend the match against Proleter on Saturday when the Serbian league champions completed their season.About 20,000 fans attended a Serbian Cup semifinal match against Partizan Belgrade this month as the country lifted most of its COVID-19 restrictions.The match against Proleter was also attend by about 20,000 fans. Both gatherings have drawn criticism from the public as Serbia records dozens of new coronavirus cases each day. The São Paulo-based club said Sunday that 13 players are fully recovered, but eight will not be allowed to start training on July 1 because of the disease. Corinthians tested 190 people, including players, staffers and their families. The club did not name the players who tested positive. Brazil is Latin America’s hardest hit country by the new coronavirus, with more than 50,000 deaths and 1 million confirmed cases.___The National Hockey League has begun winnowing its possible locations to resume the season amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Those positive results came from the 117 athletes who participated in the school’s initial campus screening. The Wisconsin athletic department’s infection response team is monitoring the recovery of the athletes but didn’t specify which teams the two play for. Wisconsin plans to release the aggregate number of positive tests at regular intervals during the initial phase of athletes’ return to campus.___Boston College says its football players began returning to the school Monday as part of its COVID-19 operational plan to bring all its student-athletes back to campus.The school says its new protocols include limiting personnel at facilities, mandating face coverings be worn in common areas, as well as daily temperature checks for staff and athletes. Increased cleaning measures will also be in effect at all facilities. Associated Press Incoming freshmen players also were allowed on campus on Monday and they were tested and put in a separate dormitory. They will not be integrated with the rest of the team until they pass a second COVID-19 test.The workouts are voluntary and Schiano said some players have elected to skip them.___The ATP men’s tennis tour says it is continuing to “plan and adjust” its precautions and protocols related to the coronavirus pandemic with an eye to its planned Aug. 14 resumption of competition.The tour issued a statement Monday following word that two top-35 players tested positive for COVID-19 after participating in unsanctioned exhibition matches organized by No. 1 Novak Djokovic in Serbia and Croatia. The protocols are being done in accordance with all federal, state, medical and university guidelines to begin voluntary workouts.Regardless of home state, all athletes will be required to self-quarantine upon arriving on campus for a maximum of 14 days. Quarantine time may vary based on additional guidance from the state and the phase of reopening in Massachusetts.All athletes will be tested for COVID-19 on or about Day 8 of quarantine. Protocols are also in place for the quarantine and treatment of positive COVID-19 cases should they occur.___Two Rutgers football players have tested positive for the new coronavirus. Coach Greg Schiano discussed the test results Monday during a conference call. It was his first media availability since the team was allowed to return to campus last week for voluntary workouts.Schiano said players and coaches were tested before the team returned on June 15, either with mail-in tests or after being tested locally. One of the positive tests came from those samples and the player was not allowed to return to campus and is being isolated at home.The second positive test came from a sample taken when the players reported. That player was isolated and three players who had contact with him were placed in quarantine.The university has a protocol for allowing players who test positive to eventually return, which includes a non-positive test, Schiano said.Schiano said players and coaches underwent a third screening on Monday. June 22, 2020 Louisville football’s season opener against North Carolina State has been moved up a day to Wednesday, Sept. 2 to avoid conflicting with the rescheduled Kentucky Derby weekend at neighboring Churchill Downs.The Kentucky Oaks and Derby were postponed from May 1-2 to Sept. 4-5 because of the coronavirus pandemic. The preceding and highly attended Thursday race card known as “Thurby” was set for the same day as the Cardinals’ Atlantic Coast Conference matchup against the Wolfpack, but the schools announced Monday that they had agreed to the switch to avert logistical conflicts with parking and traffic.“We appreciate the NCAA, ACC and N.C. State honoring our request for a date change for the opening game,” Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra said in a news release. “We are trying to be thoughtful about the shared city resources needed to host a football game and Thurby at the same time.”___Serbian soccer club Red Star Belgrade says five players have tested positive for the coronavirus. There were no social distancing measures observed at the Adria Tour exhibitions.Three-time Grand Slam semifinalist Grigor Dimitrov, who is currently No. 19, and his opponent in Croatia on Saturday, No. 33 Borna Coric, both said they have COVID-19.The ATP said it “continues to urge strict adherence to responsible social distancing and health and safety guidelines to contain the spread of the virus.”Exhibition events have been staged in various places around the world while the ATP and WTA tours have been suspended since March because of the pandemic. The tours announced last week they plan to return in August.___ ___Croatian tennis player Borna Coric says he has tested positive for the coronavirus after taking part in an exhibition event.The 33rd-ranked Coric posted the news on Twitter.He says “I want to inform you that I am positive for Covid-19. Please everyone who has been in contact with me for the last few days gets tested!”He says he is feeling well and has no symptoms. Coric was among about 1,000 people who were tested for the virus after Grigor Dimitrov announced that he tested positive. That led to the cancellation of an exhibition event in Croatia where top-ranked Novak Djokovic was scheduled to play in the final.Coric played a match against Dimitrov in Zadar on Saturday in the second leg of the exhibition series.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports The Blue Jackets were informed Monday that Columbus will not be one of the NHL’s hub cities. Columbus was one of 10 finalists, including seven in the U.S.Las Vegas is now considered the U.S. favorite to host NHL playoff games, unless two Canadian cities are selected. Canada’s federal government last week said it would allow the league to quarantine internally, making Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton realistic possibilities — if not the front-runners.The NHL has said it will select two hub cities — one for the Eastern Conference playoffs and one for the Western Conference. The Stanley Cup Final or “final four” would likely be in one of the two cities.___Wisconsin officials say that two Badgers’ athletes have tested positive for COVID-19 and are self-isolating. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Players of Brazilian soccer giant Corinthians visited the club on Monday to pick up personal protection equipment against COVID-19 after tests showed 21 out of its 27 players had contracted the disease. last_img read more

UCF QB McKenzie Milton says severe knee injury could have resulted in amputation

first_img“It wasn’t excruciating pain. It was like a shock. That kind of moment feels like a dream almost,” he said.The junior quarterback had to be carted off the field and underwent surgery soon after suffering the injury. But in the end, he was lucky it didn’t turn out worse. Related News Utah coach Kyle Whittingham signs contract extension through 2023 “It was tough, but at the same time, 50 percent of people that suffer my injury — I had a knee dislocation and a popliteal artery — have to have their leg amputated.”He continued: “I’m already beating the odds by the grace of God. When you have a knee dislocation, you tear everything. It was miracle after miracle.”Milton threw for 2,663 yards with 25 touchdowns and six interceptions for the Knights last year. He also rushed for 307 yards and nine touchdowns.Now he begins his long road back to playing football as he is expected to miss the entire 2019 season. “For me right now, I’m just checking off like little accomplishments at a time,” he said. “On Friday, I’ll be able to start weight bearing on my legs. That’s a little check. When I first got hurt, I had to take blood thinners and take shots in my stomach every day. So when I had to stop doing those, that was a little check.”In two months, I’ll be able to walk in my brace, so that’s a little check. For me, I’ve always looked at small victories like those will add up inch by inch and then it’ll be something big when it comes into fruition.”Central Florida will hold a quarterback competition next season with Milton out. Darriel Mack Jr., who took over the starting job for Milton, will get a chance to be next season’s starter, along with Brandon Wimbush, who transferred from Notre Dame in the offseason. Central Florida quarterback and 2018 Heisman Trophy contender McKenzie Milton is taking recovery one day at a time.Milton suffered a severe knee injury in UCF’s win over South Florida at the end of last season and revealed how dangerous his situation was in an interview on Real Radio 104.1 (via the Orlando Sentinel) on Tuesday.last_img read more