But Demba Ba’s deadline-day decision to stay with the Blues forced a rethink and Everton beat West Ham and West Brom to the signing of the 20-year-old, who transformed the match with his arrival at half-time. “It was frustrating when he scored. I’d been talking to Chelsea all summer – will he move, won’t he. I was told no, no, no,” Hammers boss Allardyce said. “Then Ba decided to stay and there was a quick shift around with a few hours to go and Everton got there before us and West Brom. That’s the way the cookie crumbles.” Allardyce disagreed with the dismissal of Mark Noble for two yellow cards, the second coming shortly after he had converted a penalty and moments before Baines fired his second equaliser. Choosing his words with care, Allardyce indicated that he felt referee Lee Mason had endured a poor afternoon and declared officials should be more open to criticism. “I have to be careful about what I say – we all have to be careful because we get pulled up on what we say to the referee. We get fined,” Allardyce said. “Do I agree with it? No, because that’s the wrong sort of protection for referees as far as I’m concerned. “If we want to make them better than they have to be criticised like us all. For me to say too much about how I thought the referee performed, I’d get myself into trouble. “The last thing I want to do is give the referee any of my money that I work really hard for. I’ll take it up with the delegate and make my report once I’ve seen the match again. “That’s all I can do within the system we have, but fair play to Everton, they took full advantage of us being down to 10 men. I thought we’d win, so to lose is a real blow.” Sam Allardyce cursed his luck as transfer target Romelu Lukaku fired Everton to a 3-2 Barclays Premier League victory over West Ham. Press Association Lukaku struck the winner six minutes from time after two brilliant Leighton Baines free-kicks hauled the Toffees back into contention as the Upton Park showdown reached a dramatic climax. Allardyce pursued Lukaku throughout the summer only to be told by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho he was staying at Stamford Bridge.
ZURICH, Switzerland (CMC) – Suspended president of the Haitian Football Federation (FHF) Yves Jean-Bart said Wednesday that he expects to be exonerated and reinstated at the end of ongoing sexual abuse investigations that triggered FIFA to provisionally ban him from the sport.Announcing the decision, which took immediate effect on Monday, football’s world governing body said Jean-Bart, also known as ‘Dadou’, would not be allowed to take part in any national or international football-related activities for 90 days.It is alleged that within the last five years, Haiti’s 73-year-old football boss coerced several underage females at the country’s national training centre in Croix-des-Bouquets into having sex.Jean-Bart, who is under investigation by the juvenile protection brigade of the Haitian judicial police, has denied the allegations.His spokesperson issued a statement on Wednesday describing the allegations as baseless and politically motivated.“While Jean-Bart continues to unequivocally deny the baseless allegations against him, he will comply with FIFA’s provisional suspension – which is a standard practice of the ethics committee – and expects full exoneration and reinstatement once the investigation concludes,” it said.“Fully transparent from the start, the federation and its president were actually the first to issue requests for inquiries by the Haitian judicial system, as well as the respected human rights group Réseau National de Défense des Droits Humains, in order to prove that the despicable, politically motivated allegations against him have no truth.”The statement added that the FHF had even previously asked FIFA to send experts from the FIFA Guardians/Child Safeguarding Programme to verify the conditions at the national youth training facility and to do its own investigations.Meanwhile, Jean-Bart, who has served as FHF president for two decades and was elected to a sixth term in February, has filed a public defamation lawsuit against a blogger who published anonymous accusations against him.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)