Martin’s additional Broadway directed credits included Present Laughter, Mauritius, Butley, Match, Hedda Gabler and The Rehearsal. He appeared on the Great White Way in productions including Alice in Wonderland, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Pantagleize, Exit the King, You Can’t Take It With You, The Wild Duck, Right You are If You Think You Are and The School for Scandal. Off-Broadway directing credits included Why Torture is Wrong, and the People Who Love Them, Saturn Returns, The New Century, Observe the Sons of Ulster, The Time of the Cuckoo, Chaucer in Rome, Fully Committed, Full Gallop, You Never Can Tell, Betty’s Summer Vacation, Sophistry and Bosoms and Neglect. Martin also served as artistic director at two theater companies: Boston’s Huntington Theatre Company from 2000 to 2008 and the Williamstown Theatre Festival from 2008 to 2010. “Nicky Martin spent his life dedicated to the theatre. I felt fortunate that I was able to get to know him last year during Tony Awards season when he was nominated for Best Direction of a Play for Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike—a lovely last act to a long and prolific career directing and acting on stage,” said Broadway League Executive Director Charlotte St. Martin in a statement. “Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and colleagues.” View Comments Broadway theaters will dim their lights to pay tribute to the passing of distinguished director and actor Nicholas Martin, who died on April 30 after a long illness at the age of 75. Marquees will go dark for one minute at 7:45 PM on May 2.
Gov. Samuel Gumarin says the island of Guimaras being free from coronavirus disease 2019 can be credited to the anticipation and measures undertaken by its provincial government. Guimaras, which is considered as “low-risk” by the national government in the spread of the virus, is under general community quarantine until May 15. GUIMARAS IO He added: “Ibig sabihin, kung magkaroon ng carrier sa isang bahay sa isang probinsya, lahat ng nasa bahay ay magkakaroon kung sakali.” “Naunahan namin ‘yung COVID-19. We prepared ourselves for this. Pinaigting po namin ‘yung border control dito,” he said.At least six seafarers will return home to Guimaras today. Gumarin ensured the persons will be immediately isolated in a quarantine facility.Guimaras is under GCQ until May 15 after it was classified by the national government as “low-risk” in the spread of COVID-19.Recently, the island province protested the Department of Health Region 6’s decision to count the 27-year-old seaman and resident of Buenavista town there who tested positive for the virus in Iloilo city as Guimaras’ first case.The Guimarasnon, who was one of the 266 stranded Ilonggo overseas Filipino workers who returned to Region 6 from Metro Manila on April 29, has yet to return to his home province.He is the region’s Patient No. 72/PN MANILA – The island of Guimaras being free from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) can be credited to its provincial government’s anticipation and preventive measures undertaken, Gov. Samuel Gumarin said. “Anticipation is very important dahil kung ma-a-anticipate mo kung ano ‘yung magiging kalaban mo, you could make some sort of primary steps. So, kung ikumpara natin ‘yung parasitic infection, bacterial, at saka viral infection, ‘yung viral infection has the capacity to be explosive,” said Gumarin. According to the governor, the provincial government already banned the entry of individuals there from the National Capital Region since Jan. 31.
Dirty bombs employ conventional explosives to scatter radioactive material into the surrounding atmosphere. “New York and Washington are still the biggest risks in the country,” Bratton told the newspaper. “We come in right behind them because of the special assets we have: the port, the airport and just the symbolism of so much of what they hate.” Bratton said the department has been awarded $3 million in Homeland Security funds and also used that money to buy a $900,000 bomb-response truck that has a robot that can be operated from a mile away. SECURITY: Bratton says city is big target for terrorists because of its “special assets.” By City News Service Saying it’s only a matter of time before America is the target of a dirty bomb, Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton has purchased seven devices that can sniff out the radioactive signature of such a device, it was reported Saturday. The Los Angeles Times reports that one of the devices has been installed in a helicopter and is capable of detecting an unexploded dirty bomb from an altitude of 800 feet. The department also invested in a mobile response truck for LAPD public information officers, to serve as a portable center for communicating information via news media, the chief said.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!