• Home
  • Tag: 大桶大足浴价目表

Zagreb County has announced a public tender for the award of grants to events

first_imgIn 2019, the Zagreb County recorded 139.720 tourist arrivals, which is 14 percent more than in the same period in 2018 (123.008). The right to support for events important for the tourist offer of Zagreb County can be exercised by public institutions, cities and municipalities, tourist boards and associations of craftsmen who are registered in the Zagreb County and who organize events in its territory. The competition is open until March 10, 2020, and the text of the competition and application forms can be found here, The number of overnight stays also increased by 12 percent, from 205.003 to 229.827.Of the total number of arrivals, 107.821 guests were foreign guests and 31.899 domestic guests. Out of the total number of overnight stays in the Zagreb County, 169.732 overnight stays were realized by foreign guests, and domestic by 60.095 overnight stays. Positive tourism indicators in the last year Funds from the tender can be used to co-finance equipment rental, procurement of working / consumables related to the organization of events, rental of event space, rental of vehicles for the purpose of transport of organizers and contractors related to the organization, accommodation costs, travel costs, promotion costs, services security services and other costs of direct organization of the event. Zagreb County has announced a public tender worth one million kuna for the award of grants to events important for the tourist offer of Zagreb County in 2020.  The applicant can apply for and receive grants for a maximum of two events, and the grant can amount to up to 75 percent of the eligible costs of the event for public institutions, cultural institutions, tourist boards and associations of craftsmen. Cities and municipalities can realize from 60 to 100 percent of the project value, depending on the development index of the local self-government unit. Tourists mostly stayed in hotels, household facilities and camps, and according to the organization of arrivals, as many as 75 percent of them came individually, while the other 25 percent came as an agency.last_img read more

Local Men Share a Unique Bond Through World War II

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis “When you meet someone you never know how you’re connected to them,” Ken Gembel said.That’s true especially for some who live in Alpena, and in the state of Michigan, but for these two men you could say they are bothers. Although they share no related blood their fathers forever bonded them through World War II.“I started looking into the history of where his father was and where my father was at Omaha Beach on June, 6th 1944 and they were within 100 yards of each other. My dad was from Pennsylvania, and his dad was from Alpena and they are covering each other’s backs and they were brothers in arms serving our country,” Gembel explained.Their special bond all started when Gembel paid a visit to Jimmie Garant’s Party Store for his granddaughter’s fundraiser, ‘Coins for Cops.’ Gembel noticed a wall full of war history and learned that his father and Garant’s father shared identical uniform patches.“Every time he came in we had more stories and as the stories went we got closer, because our fathers were that close during the war,” Garant said.Learning their connection, Gembel reached out to the camp commanders office at Fort Riley, Kansas, the home of the First Infantry Division who were amazed by the story.The division decided to send Gembel a gift for his friend, which led to this Memorial Day special delivery of a U.S. flag, a certificate, and another flag that represents the First Infantry Division.“It was a great surprise and a great honor for my family and my dad and his family that served in WWII,” Garant said. It’s nice to see people out there community minded, and people minded to do something like this. It was very nice of him,” Garant added. So if you were wondering where Garant plans on placing his new certificate? “I’ll find a spot for it,” he finished.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Thunder Bay Film Society Crowdsourcing Cover Art for 2018 Sunrise 45 Film FestivalNext Biggby Coffee Finds a New Homelast_img read more