To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The ministry has reallocated Rp 36.19 trillion of its Rp 120 trillion annual budget to help cushion the impact of COVID-19 in the country. The largest portion of the reallocated budget, Rp 24.53 trillion, will go toward direct aid or activities directly linked with COVID-19 mitigation efforts.Under the program, local farmers receive daily or weekly payment to improve their irrigation system by installing paved lining through the channel, the ministry’s press release reads.Read also: Migrant workers repatriated from Malaysia to get construction jobs at homeThe number of recipients in the irrigation improvement acceleration program was increased following the ministry’s budget changes from an initial 6,000 locations to 10,000 locations in 33 provinces across Indonesia. Construction under the project has already begun in 458 locations in 11 provinces, including West Java, Central Java and East Java.Besides providing steady income for local farmers through labor-intensive infrastructure projects, the ministry also aims to employ former Indonesian migrant workers who previously worked in Malaysia through the scheme.“We are working closely with the Foreign Ministry to identify the hometowns of migrant workers who were repatriated from Malaysia. We will [then] establish labor-intensive projects,” Basuki said during an online press briefing on April 13.Topics : The Public Works and Housing Ministry is moving forward with its labor-intensive projects in rural areas, which include the irrigation improvement acceleration program (P3TGAI) to provide steady income for people in rural areas during the COVID-19 pandemic.A total of Rp 2.25 trillion (US$144.5 million) has been allocated for the irrigation improvement program, around a quarter of the Rp 10.2 trillion budget for labor-intensive program (PKT), according a press statement issued by the ministry on Thursday.“Besides decreasing unemployment and helping maintain people’s purchasing power, the PKT also aims to improve the irrigation infrastructure in rural regions,” Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono said in the statement.
Conoco Phillips, on behalf of the licensees, has submitted a Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) for the re-development of the Tor field in the Greater Ekofisk area in the North Sea.The field was in production from 1978 until it was shut down in 2015 when the installation reached the end of its lifetime.At shutdown, just 20 per cent of the resources in place had been produced.The field will be re-developed by installing two new subsea templates tied into the Ekofisk Complex.The recoverable reserves are estimated at 10 million standard cubic metres of oil equivalents (Sm3).The plan is to re-start production in late 2020.The total investment costs for the re-development are estimated at NOK 6 billion.
Nazir Nortei AlemaThe family of a young man from Ghana is in shock after their son joined the Syrian militants Islamic State.The man Nazir Nortei Alema, a University graduate, told them he had travelled to an Islamic State training camp.Nazir’s becomes the first known recruit from the West African nation to join the militant group.With a degree in Geography and Rural Development, he is one of the 10 suspected Muslim youth from Ghana who have finally taken the decision to join the terrorist grouping, whose stock-in-trade is public beheading of their opponents or those they regard as infidels, attracting a worldwide anger.Their decision has activated the alarm bells over a subtle recruitment drive for vulnerable Muslim youth in especially public tertiary institutions in the country.His brother, Kabiru Alema, said he and his parents were caught completely unawares.“I noticed some changes in his posts on Facebook his teachings like, but I was ignorant about the ISIS flag because he used ISIS flag on his WhatsApp, he used some pictures of some Arab guy on a horse with a sword but it never occurred to us he will do such a thing because I was ignorant about ISIS,” Kabiru Alema said.“We are devastated. Since the news came his mother has been crying,” Alema’s father Abdul Latif Alema told Reuters, adding that he believed Islamic State should be crushed.Islamic state militants About a third of Ghana’s population of 27 million is Muslim. They co-exist peacefully with the Christian majority and have so far apparently avoided the influence of the kinds of radical Islam that have taken root in neighbouring Nigeria and Mali.Alema, a university student, spent much of his spare time online and it is almost certain he was radicalised through his interactions on Facebook rather than through anything taught in mosques in the Osu neighbourhood of Ghana’s capital, his family and friends said.He finished a government internship in July and had initially told his parents he was travelling from his home in Accra to Prestea, a mining town in the west of the country.“Two weeks later on Aug. 16, we got a Whatsapp message from him saying he was at a training ground to join the Islamic State group in an unknown country,” his brother Kabiru Alema told Reuters.Thousands of foreigners from more than 80 nations have joined the ranks of Islamic State and other radical groups in Syria and Iraq.Nigeria’s Boko Haram, West Africa’s deadliest Islamist militant group, swore allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in March.Sheikh Armiyawo Shaibu, adviser to Ghana’s chief Imam, condemned Nazir Alema’s claims that he was joining the militant group to fulfil God’s work.
The 2006 World Cup winner and Roma midfield legend, 36, made the switch to the Bombonera after the end of last season. But his time at Boca appears to be over after falling out of favour under new boss Miguel Angel Russo.Advertisement Loading… Daniele De Rossi is on the verge of retirement as he gets set to leave Boca Juniors. According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, he will retire from football in a matter of hours, after leaving Boca. Read Also:Boca Juniors want Mourinho De Rossi got injured during their Super League stalemate with fierce rivals River Plate in September and was crocked for their two-legged Copa Libertadores semi-final against the same side. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
The report further revealed that the Nigerian international will join the Serie A giants in an initial six month loan with option to buy in the summer, but before the deal can be officially announced, some documents still need to come in from Fenerbahce, where Moses spent the past year on loan.The AFCON 2013 winner has not played all that much this campaign due to a series of injuries.At the last count, he has been limited to just seven appearances across all competitions, netting just one goal along with an assist.Inter #Waiting For Documents From Fenerbahce Before Announcing Victor Moses Signing From Chelsea – SempreInter#LaticsOfficial #Championship https://t.co/EeByCkymwJ— 90 Minutes Football News (@footy90com) January 22, 2020Read Also: Mourinho facing growing unrest from Tottenham stars over tactics, othersThe former Wigan Athletic player is set to become Inter’s second capture of the January transfer window following the earlier arrival of Ashley Young from Manchester United.Interestingly, Moses will also not be the last either with Inter Milan also working on deals to bring Christian Eriksen and Olivier Giroud to the club too.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Nigeria forward Victor Moses has passed his medical with Inter Milan ahead of a switch from Chelsea according to a report from Sky Sport Italia.Advertisement Promoted ContentThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them9 Most Epic Movie Robots We’ve Ever Seen7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Mysterious Things You Do Not Know About China7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyThese Popular Hollywood Stars Got Their Start On Soap Operas8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too FarWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One Role
Harold R. “Harry” Clift, 66, passed away on Friday, February 5 at his residence in Greensburg. Born on March 26, 1949 in Ohio, he was the son of Carl R. and Katherine (Anderson) Clift. Harry was a truck driver for John R Moore trucking for 32 years. One of his favorite things to do was go out in the garage and fix different things with his grandchildren and he also loved camping with his family. He was married to Penny Carter on December 29, 1993 and she survives. He is also survived by two sons; Cory Clift, Milan, Craig Carter, Greensburg, two daughters; Anna Shaw, Ohio, Daphnie (Jerry) Taylor, Columbus, one brother; Chris Clift, Dillsboro, eight sisters; Anna (Louie) Prough, Pennsylvania, twin sister; Florence Smith, PA., Margie (Larry) Wilson, Dillsboro, Thelma (Donnie) Wingate, Dillsboro, Beatrice Goins, Dillsboro, Sunday (Ronnie) Wright, Dillsboro, Ramona Thompson, PA., and Mary Clift, Moores Hill, 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers; James W., Paul, and Joseph Dean Clift, and his son; Harold Raymont Clift, and his father and mother in law; Buck and Betty Shafer. Visitation will be on Tuesday from 4 – 8 pm at Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home. Funeral services will be on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 10 am at Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home with Pastor Pam Loyd officiating. Interment will follow at South Park Cemetery. Memorials can be made to the family. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
Services will be at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions may be directed to Margaret Mary Hospice. To sign the online guestbook or to leave a personal condolence, please visit www.cookrosenberger.com. The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Kathleen Back. Kathleen M. Back, of Brookville, was born on August 30, 1948 in Batesville, Indiana, the daughter of Malcolm J. and Rosemary (Merkel) Wurtz. She attended St. Anthony School, Oldenburg Academy and Sunman High School. Kathleen was a homemaker. On Thursday, August 17, 2017, at the age of 68, Kathleen passed away. Those surviving who will cherish Kathleen’s memory include her daughter, Vanessa Shaw of Brookville; grandsons, Aaron and Austin Shaw; sisters, Jane (Jerry) Wood of Hamilton, Connie (Kevin Milburn ) Napier of Greensburg, Renee (Joe) Simon of Osgood, brother, Tim (Marcy) Wurtz of Batesville, and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents.
F1 gearboxes have to last for six consecutive race weekends.“It has been a good track to me for many years so I feel good coming here,” Hamilton told Sky Sports F1.“Naturally when you arrive in Shanghai and find out you’re already going to be starting five places behind wherever I qualify is a kick in the goonies, but you just take it. Challenge is another opportunity to arise, rather than looking at the glass half empty, look at it half full.”Mercedes later tweeted: “Not the ideal start to the #ChineseGP weekend, admittedly, but of all the places to take a grid hit, this is one of the better ones.”Despite the damage to the gearbox not being the result of accident damage, Hamilton insists he is not worried about the reliability going forward.“Not for me. They change it and I go again. I don’t use it as a concern, I’m sure the team are focussed on it,” he said.Asked what caused the damage he responded: “It doesn’t really matter.”Following poor starts from pole in each of the first two races, Hamilton already trails Rosberg by 17 points in the Drivers’ Championship.The Briton has started either first or second amid a run of eight consecutive Mercedes front-row lockouts, with last September’s September Singapore GP the only time in the last 29 races Hamilton has not started in the front two.Hamilton’s penalty now presents Ferrari with the chance to claim a rare front-row start as they look to recover from reliability problems in the first two races which have left them 50 points behind Mercedes in the Constructors’ Championship.With Rosberg on a run of five consecutive victories since his team-mate clinched his third world title in Austin last October, Hamilton will now bid to improve on a statistic which has seen him only win once – the 2014 British GP – when starting from outside the first two rows.The 31-year-old has won a record four times in Shanghai, including the last two seasons.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Lewis Hamilton’s hopes of ending Nico Rosberg’s winning run at the Chinese GP have suffered a blow after it was revealed he will take a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change.The world champion, the pole sitter at 2016’s opening two rounds, will start no higher than sixth for Sunday’s race after Mercedes opted to change the gearbox in his car after it sustained damage in Bahrain. Hamilton confirmed the contact with Valtteri Bottas at turn one two weeks ago was not the cause.
Handler of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, is believed not satisfied yet with the quality of the Nigerian senior national team despite no defeat in the eight games played under his watch.Eagles played two friendlies against Corsica and Togo in Paris last week, drawing the former and winning the latter. Rohrâ€™s men took their tally to 11 goals under the short tutelage of the Franco-German.Speaking with KwesÃ©ESPN after his side defeated Togo 3-0 in Paris last week, admitted that there is still more work to be done to bring the team to his expected standard.â€œOur team is young and has a good future, (but) there is a lot of work to do still,â€ Rohr observed further.â€œWe had a good camp in Corsica on the invitation of their association. Between the mountain and the sea, we could work well with our four local (in Nigeriaâ€™s domestic league) players and new ones like (Henry) Onyekuru and (Mikel) Agu.â€œAnd we also had excellent conditions in Paris. Nice pitches and a beautiful stadium where we got to work on two different organisations, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 and give competitive football to the players who needed it,â€ he told KwesÃ©ESPN.He confirmed that he is actively trying to lower the average age of the squad with his introduction of young players, like Wolfsburgâ€™s 18-year-old Victor Osimhen.â€œYou see what I am trying to do. We must bring him up slowly to a high level,â€ Rohr said of the young forward, who appears to be the gafferâ€™s long-term pick for the central striking role.But with a frontline bursting at the seams with talent, young and old, it is elsewhere that Rohrâ€™s headaches pound.His defence has allowed just four goals in his tenure, but there is always the nervous tic of a backline teetering on the edge of collapse.Three of his major defensive stalwarts â€” Carl Ikeme, Leon Balogun, and Kenneth Omeruo â€” always seem to be one kick or one tackle away from injury, and his full-back positions remain a constant area of tinkering.But the gaffer remains optimistic. Musa Mohammed is being groomed to fill the right-back role. However, while he lingers, Abdullahi Shehu has stepped in and impressed his manager.â€œEven making Ramadan, he played a good 45 minutes,â€ Rohr said of the Cyprus-based defender, which should be more than enough motivation for Mohammed to hurry up and get ready,â€ he concluded.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram *Only Echiejile, Omeruo, Ahmed Musa expected to complete squad todayDuro IkhazuagbeAhead of Saturdayâ€™s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying clash with South Africa, 21 out of the 23 invited Super Eagles players arrived the teamâ€™s camp in Uyo yesterday.Only newly wedded Elderson Echiejile, Kenneth Omeruo and Ahmed Musa are expected to join the rest of the squad today.Media Officer of the Super Eagles, Toyin Ibitoye who confirmed the players in camp to THISDAY last night hinted that all the players went straight to business with gym work to loosen up ahead of proper training today.