Turned On Share your voice Tulipan has placed the limited-edition product in bars and at events around Buenos Aires, and is sharing the product on social media with the hashtag #PlacerConsentido, or “permitted pleasure.” Tulipan plans to sell the condoms online in the future, TNW reports. “Tulipan has always spoken of safe pleasure, but for this campaign we understood that we had to talk about the most important thing in every sexual relationship — pleasure is possible only if you both give your consent,” Joaquin Campins of BBDO said in a statement. Click for more on the intersection of technology and sex. Tulipan’s unusual rubbers arose, TNW reports, after AHF Argentina, an advocacy organization for people living with HIV, revealed that only 14.5% of Argentinian men regularly used a condom. While 65% said they occasionally used condoms, an alarming 20.5% said they’d never used a condom. Many on social media applauded the message tucked into the marketing, though some noted the types of people who commit sexual assault wouldn’t pay attention to it.This isn’t the first creative product to highlight issues around sexual boundaries. The Dress For Respect measures how many times the wearer is groped, with sensors sewn in that measure where on the body, and when, the wearer is touched. The information gets transferred via Wi-Fi to a control unit in real time. The conceptual frock by advertising agency Ogilvy got a test run last year in Brazil, where 86 percent of women have been harassed in nightclubs, according to data from Think Olga, a feminist collective founded by a Brazilian journalist. Three women wore the sparkly conceptual dress to a Sao Paulo club in one night, and the data showed they were touched nonconsensually 157 times in less than four hours. That averages more than 40 touches per hour. Comments 4 Tulipan Two hands aren’t enough to open the package for the new “Consent Pack” of condoms. It takes four hands pressing simultaneously on all four sets of buttons on the top and sides of the box. “If they don’t say yes, it means no,” the tagline on a video demonstration reads. Ad agency BBDO Argentina created the “Consent Pack” for Tulipan, an Argentine seller of sex toys and sexual-health products, including condoms. You probably won’t find this unusual condom in a drugstore near you anytime soon, but it’s still a reminder of the importance of consent in any sexual encounter. It’s a topic that’s gotten increasing attention on college campuses and workplaces in the US amid the #MeToo movement. “Why can’t this box be opened with two hands? Because that’s how consent works in relationships,” reads a translated post from Tulipan’s Facebook page. En el sexo vale todo solo si se respeta una regla: el consentimiento de ambos para hacerlo. #PlacerConsentido 🌷 pic.twitter.com/RuIjvbL1yg— Tulipán Argentina (@TulipanARG) March 27, 2019 Tags Culture Wellness
Get the latest updates from Rail Budget 2016 here.Indian Railways launched a micro-site ahead of presentation of the Railway Budget Thursday to let citizens watch it live. The Railways announced the launch of the website Tuesday, calling it a “one-stop shop for all Railway budget related information.” Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu will present the Railway Budget 2016 in Parliament Thursday, and is expected to announce an increased outlay of about Rs 1.25 lakh crore. It is not clear if passenger fares will be hiked, with contradictory reports emerging in recent days. On Wednesday, the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) reportedly urged the railway minister to increase passenger fares to cut down on passenger losses. Railways’ earnings have seen a decline of 3.77 percent from April to January this fiscal. However, keeping in mind the upcoming Assembly elections in several key states where the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is looking to make foray into, the BJP-led government is likely to refrain from any passenger fare hike, according to the Press Trust of India. You can watch the Rail Budget presentation Feb. 25 live in the DD News video feed below. International Business Times India will also run a live blog on the Railway Budget Thursday.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of SussexGetty ImageMeghan Markle seems to have landed herself in some hot water yet again. The Duchess of Sussex gave birth to baby Archie on May 6. But it looks like the joys of motherhood will have to wait as Meghan Markle may have to deal increased scrutiny from the Queen’s officials.The move seems to have come as a result of Meghan apparently, upsetting the royal staff by going against protocol. The breach of protocol was when Meghan Markle released a statement about her estranged father, Thomas Markle, in the lead up to her Royal Wedding. Now, it is known that Meghan Markle has had to go through some family drama ever since she joined the Royal Family and the Markle Family certainly have not made things easy for the Duchess.However, the Palace had kept silent on the Markle Family front. But when Meghan took matters into her own hands and decided to address the issue, it went against Royal protocol. Communications and statements going out of the Royal Palace are vetted before they make it to the public, so the fact that anyone could have been “horrified” from the move seems a little far-fetched. Maybe the Palace needed an excuse to watch Meghan closely. Meghan Markle and Prince HarryGetty ImagesMeghan is already scrutinized by the media, why should things be any different at the Palace, she is a Duchess after all. Meghan Markle isn’t doing herself any favours by shutting out the press either. She is a Royal now, and a Royal needs allies, especially in the press. And in a bid to handle the press, the Royal couple has reportedly hired Sara Latham who is now Meghan and Harry’s new communications director, and is obliged to follow the orders of the Queen’s communications secretary, Donal McCabe.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are taking care of baby Archie at Frogmore Cottage, away from the Palace.
X 00:00 /03:27 To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Share Listen Florian MartinPeter Beard, senior vice president of regional workforce development at the GHP, says UpSkill Houston has helped boost enrollment in middle skill training courses.Three years ago, the Greater Houston Partnership launched UpSkill Houston, a workforce development initiative aimed at increasing the number of middle-skilled workers.So what has the program achieved at this point?To find out, we sat down with Peter Beard, senior vice president of regional workforce development at the GHP.To listen to the interview, click on the play button above.